School of Education
QCI Format for NAAC
Teachers are the backbone of any country. A Strong and sound educational system shapes the growth and development of any nation. The pivotal point in the whole educational system is the teacher who translates the aims and objectives of the society into action. Keeping this fact into consideration the SCSVMV Management decided to open School of Education by offering B.Ed course initially keeping the expansion of this school as center of excellence in education in future. The main aim of this B.Ed program is to produce quality and competent secondary school teachers to serve in various secondary schools of the nation with commitment and dedication. Both content and methodology are given due weightage in this program.
The following are the main objectives of B.Ed program in our School of Education.
1. To produce committed and value – oriented prospective teachers.
2. To impart all necessary modern methods and skills of teaching.
3. To give top priority to social dimension so that each prospective teacher produced from this School of Education should discharge his/her duties as a responsible educator of the country.
To develop the School of Education as center of excellence in education by making the quality the defining element of teacher education through a combination of character, competency and commitment.
• To inculcate discipline among the student teachers
• To make value education and teacher education go hand in hand
• To produce competent, committed and performing teachers.
• To impart effective skills of teaching
• To travel from Indian to western
• To give more importance to social dimension
• To create the environment for interactive pedagogy
• To encourage self evaluation, student evaluation of the faculty, and innovations in teacher education.
• To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in teacher education.
• To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and extension and training programmes.
• To collaborate with other stake holders for teacher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
VALUE FRAME WORK
• Building up a sound and strong character
• Developing positive attitude.
• Fostering the feeling of oneness, belongingness, commonness, brotherlihoodness
• Inculcating the value system among the student teachers.
• Promoting the use of ICT and technology in education.
• Encouraging healthy competency among the student teachers
• Contributing the institutional/regional/national and international development.
CONTACT PERSON AND ADDRESS
Prof. Dr. K.V.S.N. Murty
Professor and Head,
School of Education,
Contact No: 9944902672