SESHASAYEE PAPER AND BOARDS LIMITED (SPB)
· Permission Granted to Visit “SESHASAYEE PAPER AND BOARDS LIMITED (SPB)” at Pallipalayam, Namakkal District, Erode on 07.03.2013.
· Third year EIE Students Guided by two faculty members (Prof.Mrs.T.Lakshmibai & Prof.T.Sundar) visited the above Industry.
· Seshasayee Paper and Boards Limited (SPB), the flagship company belonging to ‘ESVIN GROUP’, operates an integrated pulp, paper and paper board Mill at Pallipalayam, Erode-638007, District Namakkal, Tamilnadu, India.
· This company’s paper plant was originally designed for using bagasse, as the primary raw material mixed with 20% bamboo fibre. Bagasse was being obtained from nearby sugar mill on substitution basis using oil fired boilers. The furnish mix for the existing Paper Machines of the Company is 55% bagasse and 45% hardwood. For the new Paper Machine, the furnish is imported waste paper and imported pulp which are sourced from farast countries, Europe and USA. A small quantity is supplemented out of captive pulp production.
· SPB’s exports are nearly 20% of its production and is a significant exporter in the Indian Paper Industry. Due to its excellent export performance, SPB has been awarded ‘Golden Export House’ status.
· The company has installed:
Two Electro Static Precipitators for its Boilers to control dust emissions
an Anaerobic lagoon for high BOD liquid effluents
a Secondary Treatment System for liquid effluents and
an Electro Static Precipitator and Cascade Evaporator to the Recovery Boiler, to improve the environmental Protection.
· Students noted the role of Instrumentation in the paper industry.