parent-teacher meet of our department was held on 05.07.2017
Department of Physics
The parent-teacher meet of our department was held on 05.07.2017, at Physics Lab around 11.30am. Our Head and staff members welcomed the newly joined students of our department.
Minutes of the Meeting
1. The Head expressed his warm welcome to the gathering.
2. He introduced the staff members of the department.
3. He appreciated the students for opting Physics as their main subject.
4. He assured all round development of the students within the course period.
5. Parents were told about the different courses offered in the University as well as briefed about Allied subjects in I and II year.
6. Information on Elective and non-elective subjects were also specified.
7. General Instructions were given to Parents regarding the regularity and insisted on minimum attendance required for taking up the University exams.
8. Instructions were also given to students regarding the attendance and insisted to be regular in their activities /work.
9. Various research facilities available in the department are explained.
10. He highlighted on the frequent conduct of conferences/workshop/seminars by the department where the students get more exposure on current research areas.
11. Parents were informed that phone calls will be made to the parent to ensure the absence of the student on that particular day. The Head also insisted parents to inform Ms. J.Sudha, Sr. Lab Instructor for any kind of leave. (Mobile number was given to all parents for enquiry/clarification)
12. Class Timings, Information on Library books (Central & Dept.) and the availability of buses to different places were enquired by various Parents and they interacted with the staff members and made few clarifications.
13. All faculty members addressed and wished them success for their bright career.
14. It was informed to parents that Dr.M.Sundarrajan, Asst. Prof. of Physics will be the class advisor and Mrs.J.Suganthi and Dr.K.Rajalakshmi, Asst.Prof. of Physics will be the Mentors for I Year B.Sc students. Parents were informed to meet the respective class in charges atleast once in a semester to know the progress of the students.