contact : 044 27264308
Dr.Hema Narayanan graduated in Commercein 1997 with distinction from Queen Mary’s College(Autonomous), Chennai and was the first rank holder in M.Com (1999). She Cleared State Level Eligibility Test in Commerce conducted by Bharathidasan University in November 1999 soon after the completion of post-graduation in the very first attempt and cleared UGC- NET [JRF] in Management in December 2008.
She is passionate about providing an engaging classroom presence and creating exciting opportunities for students to take part in greater community events, allowing them to enjoy using their imagination and skills. She secured HSBC grant for a social project on Financial Literacy and successfully completed the project during 2009-10.
Dr.Hema Narayanan is a vibrant academician with a lifelong love for learning and has more than 15 years of experience in teaching UG and PG courses. Her areas of interest include Human Resource, Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
Her Ph.D work on “A study on Occupational Stress in the Unorganized workers with special reference to Construction Workers in Kanchipuram District” was evaluated and commended by Harvard University Professor. She sensitized many construction workers about the safety precautions and created awareness about the benefits of registering in Construction Welfare Board among unorganized Construction Workers while doing the survey for Ph.D.
Published 5 articles in National and International Journals.
- Member of Board of studies for B.Com (Bank Management) Thiruvalluvar University (2020-23).
- Member of Board Of Studies in the Department of B.Com (C.S), RKM Vivekananda college(Autonomous), Mylapore during 2009-2011.
- Life Member of Indian Commerce Association.
- Acted as a resource person for Placement Preparatory Programmes in various Arts & Science colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- Has Organized Boot camps and Bazaars for giving opportunity to self-help groups and college students to put their entrepreneurial skills to test.
- Functioned as a member of the team involved in the creation of Audio course on “Community Radio in India” for Sruthi 90.8 Community Radio Station- (Translated and presented three episodes) during 2019-20.
- Functioned as Advisor and Coordinator for Community Lab project to impart Spoken English Skills and Soft Skill training to Government school students at Chekaangulam during 2019-20.
Acted as Resource PersonSoft Skill and placement Preparatory Training